Mental Health Carers Tasmania and an accredited trainer is delivering Mental Health First Aid training in Deloraine and Smithton in June 2018. This two day Mental Health First Aid course is an opportunity for you to learn more about how you can support your care recipient who is developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis.
The training is fully funded by Department of Health and Human Services for unpaid carers of people with mental ill health.
An unpaid mental health carer can support someone in the following ways:
- you might be the support person when a person goes into hospital or attends medical appointments
- care for someone in your own home or in your care recipient’s home
- you might listen to your care recipient’s concerns in an unpaid role
- a carer might increase their care when needed and take a step back to support a person’s independence
- Take them shopping or help with daily tasks
- Help out with unpaid childcare
Places are limited to a maximum of 15 people and a minimum of 6.
Participants are required to complete the on-line registration below or phone Mental Health Carers Tasmania on 6228 7448 or Host venue:
There may be placements available for students, volunteers or paid employees of organisations/businesses at a subsidised rate of $110 per participant but first priority is given to unpaid mental health carers. Bookings and enquiries only by phone: 6228 7448Standard Mental Health First Aid Course PDF