Mental Health Carers Tasmania and an accredited trainer are delivering free suicide prevention training at Wyndarra Community & Resource Centre on Wednesday 20th March 2019 (9 am – 1 pm).
This four hour course is an opportunity for you to learn more about how you can support your care recipient if they are developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis.
The training is fully funded by Department of Health and Human Services for unpaid friends, families and carers of people with mental ill health.
An unpaid mental health carer can support someone in the following ways:
- you might be the support person when a person goes into hospital or attends medical appointments
- care for someone in your own home or in your care recipient’s home
- you might listen to your care recipient’s concerns in an unpaid role
- a carer might increase their care when needed and take a step back to support a person’s independence
- Take them shopping or help with daily tasks
- Help out with unpaid childcare
Places are limited to a maximum of 15 people so register early.
There MAY be placements available for students, volunteers or paid employees of organisations/businesses at a subsidised rate of $35 per participant but first priority is given to unpaid mental health carers.
Participants are required to REGISTER by Monday 18th March 2019.
All enquiries and bookings only through MHCTas on 6228 7448 or email@example.com