Mental Health Carers Tasmania and an accredited trainer is delivering Mental Health First Aid training at Starting Point Neighbourhood House in Ravenswood on Tuesday 28th & Wednesday 29th November 2017. This two day Mental Health First Aid course is an opportunity for you to learn more about how you can support your care recipient who is developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis.
The training is fully funded by Department of Health and Human Services for unpaid carers of people with ill mental health.
An unpaid mental health carer can support someone in the following ways:
- you might be the support person when a person goes into hospital or attends medical appointments
- care for someone in your own home or in your care recipient’s home
- you might listen to your care recipient’s concerns in an unpaid role
- a carer might increase their care when needed and take a step back to support a person’s independence
- Take them shopping or help with daily tasks
- Help out with unpaid childcare
Places are limited to a maximum of 15 people and currently there are 7 placements available.
There may be placements available for students, volunteers or paid employees of organisations/businesses at a subsidised rate of $110 per participant but first priority is given to unpaid mental health carers.
Participants are required to complete the on-line registration by Wednesday 22nd November 2017 by the link below:
We will contact you and confirm your placement on Thursday 23rd November 2017.Ravenswood Flyer MHFA